Thursday, October 20, 2011

We're getting closer!

Last weekend Brett and I spent our first weekend home in as long as I can remember.  Friday after work through Sunday night was spent working on things in and around the house (with a small break to watch our friend Jamie run the KC Marathon - she rocked it by the way)!

We had a few minor set backs this weekend with the paint.  We finally found a color we liked, Cabin Red, from Valspar at Lowes.  Brett went and picked it up at about 9pm on Saturday night - Yes Jared, that is how we spent our Saturday night.  We got home and started painting and the paint was sooooo thick. It was going on the wall like rubber and it just didnt look right.  I didn't like the texture of it and thought it looked so bad.  So we had to put the painting on hold, setting us back a day (according to Brett). Sunday we had Sherwin Williams color match for us, and the texture of the paint turned out so much better.  The number of coats we had to put on between the two was insane but we finally got it to the point where it looks good!!!

Last night we finally completed putting up the white board around the bathroom. Brett did a great job nailing that sucker into the wall and then I came with my expertise and caulked it all up! Good thing I'm a master at the caulk - that stuff can do wonders, my dad was right. Tonight will be spent painting and then it should be smooth sailing from there....well I take that back, plumbing is still left, so we may still need to hold our breath for a few more days! If only there wasn't a Husker game in MN this weekend!!

Oh well, maybe I'll work on it with Petey when she comes to visit this weekend. Can't wait to spend a child-like day with her at Worlds of Fun and Haunted Houses! The next update I make, will have the final product included! Can.Not.Wait! Like I am sure I have mentioned before, I don't know how cut out I am for all these projects!

When someone rips down our work, they will find our name stamped on it!

Base boards are in!

Finally done with the paint!

Using the Nail Gun - Thanks Gene!!


So far so good!! Next step, Paint!


No comments:

Post a Comment